Friday, November 21, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
- Swan shaped watermelon fruit bowl with strawberries, canteloupe(is it me or do you have to actually sound out that word to spell it?), pineapple and grapes
- Spring rolls and salad rolls
- Solid chocolate fruitbowls with fruit
- Chicken Kebobs
- Salad (green)
- Roast garlic chicken
- green beans
- garlic mashed potatoes
Dessert (or is it Desert? never quite got that rule, hehehe)
- Chocolate chip cookies for the non cake eaters
- Cake (two layered poppyseed with rasberry and cream cheese filling, white cake with straberry filling)
im still thinking about the cake design....what do you think of this:
but with the correct colors....
What do I like guys?
I thought of tulip bulbs cause they are my favorite flower but guys don't want that, I thought if cookies or chocolates.....
I went to a Nursery (after pouring over a garden encyclopedia and florist design books from top florists in the world and I found the flowers and colors that I like) Here is the breakdown of flowers....
- Bride : Don't know what my bouquest will look like yet but there will be two (one for giving to the oldest married women present at the reception and the other for throwing)
- Ladies: You will each have a nosegay bouquet the color will be green (see picture below) The best part about this is you will all learn and MAKE your own bouquet on friday. Im getting the flowers wholesale from the florist so I will give you all a quick tutorial of how to make your own bouquet, its actually really easy, check out youtube if you like for some quick demos. I will provide the ribbon, pins, EVERYTHING, it will be our fun little project.
- Gents: They will all have crosages which I am going to make as well. These are prolly the easiet part.
- I haven't decided on what to do for the ceremony, I don't really want alot of flowers for that, so I am thinking alot of rose petals for the ground and maybe small bouquets at the beginning and end of each eisle.
(Centerpiece ideas)Bridesmaids (but all green, with some dark greenery.leaves and prolly babies breath around the edges)
- The words on natural paper with a picture of us on vellum over the top. The picture would be b & w and see through. So when you open the invite you see a pic and you would lift it up to read the part underneath or leave it down, either way....
- The words on vellum and a full color picture underneath. I ike the first idea better but I will play around with it and see.
So you can't really read the words on the inside but here is what it says:
He proposed to her on
bended knee, He asked "Will you travel through life with me?" Sprina said "Yes!"
You're invited to the wedding
Of Jesse Brown and Sprinavasa Bell
Saturday, June 13 2009 at 2:00 pm
Garden reception and celebration to follow
The Neal Residence
10035 Fairview Rd, Tillamook, OR 97141
Fanciful outdoors attire.
*Please be mindful of inclement weather and/or soft ground.
From 26 West towards Beaverton (20.6 mi) Take OR-6 W/NW Wilson River HWY towards Banks/Tillamook/ Forest Grove (47.0 mi) Turn left onto Fairview Rd., as the road bends to right take the left up driveway.
* We recommend car-pooling as there is limited parking. Please call us to help arrange a ride.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Second: the back yard, not sure what we may use this part for or even if we will use it at all, possibly it may be for the actual ceremony with us standing up near the dining room windows on that small covered patio.......
Third: the front portion of the yard where the reception will be (all three pictures)....
- I would like to have an indian/bohemian type covering, that is not really a full tent just some chiffon and tulle fabric drapped and criss-crossed over polls (wooden or metal polls). Here are a few pics I found that were similar.
- But basically I want white drapping fabric. The part that would hang down on the sides could be tied back by ribbon (green and purple) and a mixutre of tables and sofas depending on if I can find sofas to rent for a reasonable price). If not then just tables and chairs.
- Colors: Lapis/ eggplant/plum (purple, hell they all look the same) AND Apple green (light green, arum lily green (i threw that last one in there)
- Who's it and what's it: Saturday June 13th, 2009 2pm ceremony starts, 3pm reception starts (cocktail hr in between so we can do our Diva thang and pose for the pics) Tillamook, OR at Whitty's House (pics to come)
- About 120 guests and the wedding party rollin deep at 14 people, LOL. whatever Tiana :)
- Full meal deal (buffet and apps and a cake of course)
- Alchy? Wine (Red, white and a sparkling signature drink :) more on that to come)
With the coming of the holidays 2009 is around the corner! So I decided to set up this blogspot so I can share with you my ideas for the wedding so you can start to get a picture and an idea of what the vision is as well as to help us stay on the same page and coordinate ideas...
Basically Jesse and I started out with a goal to not put anything on credit for this wedding and we plan on sticking with that. We want to start our life out on a good path to financial freedom and no worries :) So with lots of creativity (my specialty, hehehehe) a little bit of help from you all and A LOT of research on my part I think Jesse and I will be able to share our day with the people we care about most in a beautiful and budget friendly atmosphere.
With that said please make a point to visit the blog weekly as I plan to put pictures, ideas, updates and share stories with you. I wish you were all here to do things with me but I think this will be the next best thing :) Love yah!!